Repairs and maintenance
People are generally house proud and look after their home. But properties from time to time do need a little extra care. If something needs attention, we will provide a detailed description and seek your approval before coordinating the necessary work. This includes ensuring you are clearly briefed on any costs.
Sometimes things go wrong that need immediate attention. We will always try to contact you first but in the event we cannot reach you we will act immediately on urgent repairs with costs capped at a previously agreed value (this amount is agreed at the time of signing the managing authority). We have a network of trusted tradespeople that are a wonderful help with providing cost effective and speedy solutions to such emergencies.
What constitutes an emergency repair?
The following are deemed as essential services and require urgent repairs:
- Burst water service
- Blocked or broken lavatory system
- Serious roof leak
- Gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Serious storm or fire damage
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the rented premises
- Failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance, provided by you (the Owner), for hot water, cooking, heating (not air conditioning) or laundering
- Serious fault in a lift of staircase in the rented premises
- Any fault or damage that makes the rental premises unsafe or un-secure
Can I carry out maintenance on the property myself?
Yes, you can. However, it is not recommended unless you retain the necessary licenses. For example, if you are a registered electrician, you would understandably want to attend to any electrical maintenance.
There are also the basic small jobs that you may also wish to attend to yourself such as changing washers or replacing light globes at heights.