Eek! I’ve got an emergency
Sometimes things go wrong that need immediate attention. In an emergency don’t panic. We have a team of people that will try their best to get you out of a bind.
We recommend checking our self-help advice to make sure your problem doesn’t have an easy do-it-yourself fix.
What is considered an urgent repair?
The following emergencies are deemed urgent repairs. If your problem is not listed here, contact your property manager.
- Burst water service
- Blocked or broken lavatory system
- Serious roof leak
- Gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Serious storm or fire damage
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the rented premises
- Failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance, provided by the landlord of the rented premises, for hot water, cooking, heating or laundering
- Serious fault in a lift or staircase in the rented premises
- Any fault or damage that makes the rental premises unsafe or un-secure
What do I do if I have an urgent repair?
In an emergency:
- Call your property manager to report the problem or login to the client portal and register your request. Your Property Manager will coordinate help for you.
- If you have tried to make contact but have not been successful in reaching your Property Manager (because it’s outside ordinary business hours), call one of our qualified and registered tradespeople (see list below).
- No money should change hands at the time of call out, our office will coordinate payment. Our preferred tradespeople are employed by RPM to act on urgent repairs that occur after hours. Please be sure to contact your Property Manager and our office in the first instance. Please note, if it’s not an urgent repair, you may incur expenses.
||1300 66 49 49
||1300 66 49 47
||1300 171 790
||St Kilda Locksmiths
||Lost keys are not considered an urgent repair, this is a tenant cost
||0400 043 348
||Only flooding is considered an urgent repair
Who pays for urgent repairs?
If you use our recommended tradespeople, you will never be asked to pay up front. We will coordinate payment with the tradesperson directly. Keep in mind, if you engage your own tradesperson, we cannot guarantee reimbursement.
What if I can’t get hold of a preferred tradesperson?
Good question. Take into account the agent/tradesperson legally has up to 24 hours to respond to the issue. In the extremely rare circumstance that after 24 hours you cannot get hold of our preferred tradespeople, then you will need to source a licensed and registered tradesperson. Bear in mind, if you employ your own tradesperson inside that 24 hour period, you could be responsible for the cost of the repairs.